Monday, May 19, 2008

[Fiona] It's Called Laundry, People

Shrek hates going to the laundromat. I used to laugh at him. Shrek always used to say that he hated stupid people until one day he realized that he just hates everyone pretty much the same, stupid or not. Sort of cynical and yet so true and freeing. Sometimes Shrek goes with me to the laundry. It is usually when I am sick or I am feeling really overwhelmed by the sheer volume of clothes that need to get washed.

Shrek and I live on the third floor with no laundry hookups but our rent is "wicked cheap" so I go out to do the wash. The problem that I have is other people. Why do people feel the need to comment about my mound of clothes? I swear if I have to explain to one more nosy person about my laundry I am going to scream. Yes, creepy people I have a lot of laundry what of it? I am getting too old to lug baskets up and down three flights so I save up my dirty clothes...deal with it.

I do my clothes once every two weeks, unless I have a need of some favorite thingy that got dirty or I just feel ambitious. Make no mistake this is the only time I will explain to the general uncaring public about my laundry habits. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment