Saturday, September 12, 2009

[Shrek] King Times Three

Tonight was my third King of the Hill tournament, and like last month I showed up much earlier than I needed to.

Because my back has been bothering me I didn't really warm up at all before the match knowing that my opponent was going to want to grab a quick cigarette after his semi-final match, giving me plenty of time to loosen up a little on the lanes we were going to bowl on.

I haven't been bowling that well as of late, but I knew my opponent was wearing down because he started the head-to-head rounds as the lowest seed. I just kept muttering to myself "no bad boxes" and just tried to stay in the game until he ran out of gas.

I had a small lead after the first string, and about midway through the first half of string number two my opponent was literally running on empty. I went back to my manta "no bad boxes", and cruised on to victory. Fiona and I celebrated by buying some Chinese food.

Next month might be a little different story as I have enough strings to have my average figured based on what I've bowled at the King events, so my lowly 98 average will no longer count for me.

I'm still planning on winning, though.

1 comment: