Thursday, September 17, 2009

[Shrek] Theme Thursday 9-17

Well, with Fiona being away for this week's Theme Thursday post, it's pretty easy to figure out that I was going to find a way to post pictures of beautiful women as long as I could make it fit the theme. And despite this week's theme being "over the hill", it was pretty easy to find a link.

So here's six beautiful women, all of them somehow connected to the theme. See if you can figure out how. The answers are after the unrelated YouTube video at the bottom.








While thinking about the topic it came to be that "over the hill" really refers to being older than 40. Does Heather Locklear look over the hill?



Or Sela Ward?



So maybe "over the hill" should mean an older age. How about 58?



Huh, Jane Seymour doesn't look over the hill. So maybe 64...



Helen Mirren looks pretty good at that age, so perhaps we should look at age 70.



Raquel Welch is about to hit 70, and she doesn't look over the hill. I know, let's go to 75.



And Sophia Loren is about as stunning as you can get.

So I guess "over the hill" must really mean how you feel, not any particular age or look.

Now for this weeks totally unrelated YouTube video, here's Chris de Burgh.


OK, so now about the first six women posted...

The first two are Rozonda Thomas and Taraji Henson, and they both dated actor Hill Harper. The second two are Jada Pinkett and Mariah Carey, and they both dated NBA star Grant Hill. The fifth pick should have been the biggest clue, as that's Faith Hill, who was once married to music producer Dan Hill. The sixth is Morgan Fairchild, who once dated ZZ Top guitarist Dusty Hill.

As none of those couples are together any more, it's safe to say they're all "over the hill"s in their lives.

12 comments:

  1. Clever approach and connecting the dots. I like it!

    Gotta say I have always adored Sophia. She was my idol when I was young. I used to practice my eyeliner in the mirror so it would look like hers. Drove my dad crazy.

    The Mirren photo I've seen and I find it inspirational. How the hell does one look like that in a bikini @ 65? Yikes! As for Racquel, well, despite all the plastic surgery, she looks good for anyone at any age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. over the hill is more a state ofmind than condition of the body, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they're all holding up quite well indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating link to this week's theme. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the way you went with this. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you shared the hill connection! Now just how would someone know this?

    Great examples of beautiful role models!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! Great post with some GREAT pics. I was going to guess the hill you were alluding to was the one made by your pants putting this post together! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! HA!! A VERY clever twist and I like it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i didn't see that one coming...like the twist on TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm... I had no clue what you were getting at until I came to Faith Hill. The younger ones I never heard of (although the name Jada Pinkett sort of rang a bell), and I had no idea Mariah Carey was once married to somebody named Hill. And I didn't know about Morgan Fairchild and Dusty Hill, either.

    As for the older women - yep, they're holding up very well indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh loved this . . a two in one. . and I applaud the idea of 80 being over the hill although if I looked like Raquel Welch, I'd be a happy camper and I'm only 52!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice-the 'over the hill gang' great post-c

    ReplyDelete